Monday, January 30, 2012

Movie Tally: January 2012

Hey ghoulies,

     A new year is upon us, and I thought I'd try something new here at the Laboratory.  Actually, it's not really anything new at all.  Other folks have been doing the movie tally thing for awhile now, but it looked like fun, so now I'm doing it.  Originality?  Bah!

     Even though there's one night left in this month, I doubt I'll be watching any actual films tonight, since my Blu-Rays of Basket Case, Zombie, Evil Dead 2, Maniac, and The House By the Cemetery have finally arrived in the mail.  I'm going to be in bonus feature heaven.  So here is the list for January, 2012.  A slow start for sure, but looking at this month's numbers will hopefully motivate me and Jenn to squeeze more films into our free time.

New:
Night Train Murders
Breeders
Night of the Demons (2009)
John Carpenter's The Ward
Attack the Block
Super 8
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
The Final Conflict
Phantasm III
Phantasm IV: Oblivion
The Woman

Rewatch:
Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th, Part VI: Jason Lives!
The Omen (1976)
Damien: Omen II
The Wicker Man (1974, Extended Version)*
Still Screaming: The Ultimate Scary Movie Retrospective



~ Doctor Splatter

* I have seen (and love) the theatrical cut of this film, but I wasn't sure if I should count the extended cut as a re-watch or a new movie altogether.  In the end, I threw it in the second list, because the extended version wasn't so radically different to the point where it looked like a whole new movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment