Wednesday, September 16, 2009

You HAD to see this coming: A Plan 9 From Outer Space remake!

     My girlfriend passed this bit of news onto me.  It's just so amusing, I had to share.

     As much as I like great movies, I love bad movies, as well.  They can't be the typical summer blockbuster goofballs, though.  I find those annoying, because with so much money invested in these pics Hollywood should know they have to have something to show for it.  What I'm talking about are the cheap, inept exploitation types, of which none stand taller (or is that lower?) than Ed Wood's infamous 1957 flick, Plan 9 From Outer Space.  Considering how much remakes have become the mode of business these days, it comes as no surprise that the king of all b-movies is getting a redux.

     However, I am interested in seeing what will come of this.  In order for this to work, it has to be just as incompetent as Wood's.  That's why I'm glad to see an indie outfit take this on.  If Hollywood got its hands on Plan 9, rest assured it would be blown up to the usual ponderous goofiness of summer-type fare.  But it looks like we maybe getting a new Plan 9 that looks as laughably bad as the original.  We'll see in 2010.

Here's the trailer:



Here's some info on the project, courtesy of The Internet Movie Database:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1238299/

~Doctor Splatter

No comments:

Post a Comment