Sunday, September 20, 2009

Yes, there is going to be another Halloween, but there will be NO MORE ROB ZOMBIE!

     I might as well get this out of the way, but I am indeed one of those "haters" of Rob Zombie's Halloween.  The original 1978 film was definitely a work of art, and the 2007 remake, in comparison, was definitely not.  I'm not really that big on the franchise as a whole anyways, but I never imagined it would get as bad as it did with Zombie's.  I will examine both the original and the remake in a latter essay, but to put in in a simple statement, Rob Zombie's Halloween was so unbelievably obnoxious it was impossible to enjoy it.  After saying he would not come back for a sequel, the singer/director retracted and made Halloween II, which was released to little fanfare almost a month ago.  However, that does not seem to bother producer Malek Akkad (who inherited the Halloween franchise from his late father, Moustapha), because Halloween III is a go...for next summer!  In addition, it will also be presented in 3D (Halloween III in 3D, ha-ha.).  The good news is that Rob has left the series for good, as well as for the good of the series.  It has just been confirmed today by Shocktillyoudrop.com that Halloween 3D has a new director- Patrick Lussier, who directed the 3D remake of My Bloody Valentine earlier this year.  Despite the bad ending, I thought that movie was pretty good.  It wasn't as douchey as a lot of American horror films this decade, so I think, no matter the outcome, the next installment of Halloween is already an improvement over the last two.

     Remember, this my take, and my take only.  Click on the link, read the article, and decide for yourself.  This isn't Fox.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11882

~Doctor Splatter

No comments:

Post a Comment