Saturday, September 12, 2009

Yar! There be another Pirates of the Caribbean movie on the horizon!

     So, the biggest movie news in the last week is that the next installment of Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean franchise has a title and a target release.  Yes, I enjoy the hell out of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.  It also happens to be my favorite ride at Disneyland (the last time I went there I rode Pirates... three times!)  I really like the Pirates of the Caribbean films, because I have always wanted an old-fashioned swashbuckling pirate flick for my lifetime.  The closest I ever got was Steven Spielberg's Hook.  I never did see Roman Polanski's Pirates, but other than that, all I had was Nate & Hayes, Cutthroat Island, and (gulp) The Pirate Movie.  The fact that Disney has decided to resurrect it's most popular live-action series is no surprise, but it's certainly not unwelcomed in my book.

     So, if you're a fan like me, then rejoice.  Captain Jack will be back in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.  Here's where I read the news:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42325

~Doctor Splatter

No comments:

Post a Comment